Dubai Fort is situated at the south of Dubai Creek, at the Al Souk Al Kabir area which teems with vigorous trade and is close to the Ruler's Court. It was built in 1787 as the premises of the monarch and a fort of defence and throughout its history has been an arsenal and prison. This fort was renovated during the reign of the late Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum and opened in 1971 (the year the federation was formed), to be an official museum that displays the history of Dubai. In 1995, another underground museum was established and added to the old fort.
Location: Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood, Bur Dubai
Open: Saturdays to Thursdays, 8:30 – 20:30; Fridays, 14:30 – 20:30
+971 4 353 1862
Click here for more information.